Couple In Mongolia Die Of Plague After Eating Raw Rodent Innards For “Health Benefits”

Misinformation can kill you, literally. Sadly that is what has happened to a Kazakh couple in Mongolia who died from the plague after eating raw rodent meat, which they believed to have “health benefits”.

The town of Tsagaannuur, near the border between Mongolia and Russia, was quarantined for six days last week after the man and woman were diagnosed posthumously with plague, a World Health Organization (WHO) official told the Washington Post.

After eating the uncooked innards of an infected marmot (a type of large squirrel), including the kidney, gall bladder, and stomach, they both succumbed to multiple organ failure within a week.  


Latest Discounts
  • Overcome Binge Eating Disorder and Emotional Eating: Read My Success Story
  • Discover The Joys Of Healthy EatingAnd Rebalance Your AppetiteFor Automated Fat Loss.
  • Lose Two to Four Pounds Each Week and Never Put on Back Again.
  • 17 delicious juicing recipes to increase your testosterone
  • This book contains the secrets toyour health. Start today
  • Know 78 Healthy Desserts That Actually BURN Belly Fat.
  • Get The Techniques For Overcoming Food Cravings, Preparing Delicious and Healthy Meals
  • This lifestyle guide is the best place to start with Raw food.It is the ultimate manual.
  • QUIT CRAVING SUGAR and START CRAVING LIFE
  • Discover How To Lose Miraculously 16 Pounds Of Weight Effortlessly By Eating More Food Than Before
  • Hormonal Fat-Loss Secret For Women Of ANY Age To Shed 10 Of Unwanted Body Fat In Just 1 Month
  • The toxic food ingredient daily reveals 3 newly discovered toxic food ingredients.
  • Teaches you how to replace the junk food in your life with healthy alternative desserts.
  • A certification course provides a certification as a hypnosist coach.
  • Would you like to turn the clock back and have your face look 5 to 10 years younger
  • Discover a System that makes weight loss AS EASY AS POSSIBLE.
  • Learn the secrets of turmeric that the medical industry doesn't want you to know about.
  • Learn How To Kill The Shameful Carvings Keeping You Tired, Hungry And Embarrassingly Fat
  • 1 dirty little yoga secret that often leads women to injury, stress and even weight gain
  • Clickbank Ads
     

    According to Ariuntuya Ochirpurev of the WHO, the man came down with a fever first, after eating the animal he’d hunted himself. He died within a week, and his wife was sent to the ICU vomiting blood and suffering severe headaches. She died on May 1 from toxic shock.

    Unfortunately, catching plague from hunting and eating infected rodent meat is not a new thing in Mongolia, despite being banned, and officials immediately announced the quarantine to try and contain the disease, which can be passed on through airborne droplets.

    Borders were closed, tourists were detained, and passengers who potentially had been in contact with the couple were removed from airplanes and immediately sent for medical checks. After six days, and no further cases of plague the quarantine was lifted, but the ministry of health is continuing to monitor the situation.

    It is unclear which type of plague the couple contracted, as reports from health officials and emergency responders have both suggested septicemic plague and bubonic, after the initial fear the couple had contracted the highly infectious pneumonic plague.

    All types of plague are caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis, which is zoonotic, meaning it can be passed on to humans from animals, usually from fleas that have fed on infected rodents, but also through consuming infected meat. It is easily transmissible between people through cuts on the skin or inhaling infected droplets in the air from coughs and sneezes.

    It’s thought the couple ate the uncooked innards of the marmot they’d hunted because in Mongolia there is an old folk tradition that claims eating the raw meat and internal organs of a freshly killed marmot strengthens health. However, plague kills around one person a year in Mongolia directly because of eating raw infected rodent meat, according to a report in the Centers for Disease Control And Prevention (CDC) journal Emerging Infectious Diseases.

    Dr N Tsogbadrakh, director of Mongolia’s National Center for Zoonotic Dermatology and Medicine, confirmed to The Siberian Times eating marmot meat is banned because of this risk. Eating any kind of uncooked meat, especially from wild animals, puts you at risk of picking up pathogens that are not killed in the cooking process. In fact, six out of 10 infectious diseases in humans are zoonotic, according to the CDC, who recently released a handy guide to the zoonotic diseases we should be most worried about. 


     

    Original Article : HERE ; The Ultimate Survival Food: The Lost Ways

     


    RELATED PRODUCTS
  • This lifestyle guide is the best place to start with Raw food.It is the ultimate manual.
  • Discover The Joys Of Healthy EatingAnd Rebalance Your AppetiteFor Automated Fat Loss.
  • Get The Techniques For Overcoming Food Cravings, Preparing Delicious and Healthy Meals
  • 17 delicious juicing recipes to increase your testosterone
  • Lose Two to Four Pounds Each Week and Never Put on Back Again.
  • Overcome Binge Eating Disorder and Emotional Eating: Read My Success Story
  • Know 78 Healthy Desserts That Actually BURN Belly Fat.
  • This book contains the secrets toyour health. Start today
  • Discover the 3 diet secrets that will give flat belly, tight buns and lean legs in less than 30 days.
  • Recommended natural remedy by avoiding dangerous drugs or cream.
  • Learn How To Quit Smoking Naturally And Enjoy Doing It Without Gaining Weight.
  • How To Increase Your Dog's Lifespan By 8.3 Years...And Save 9878 Over His or Her Lifetime
  • The 7 proven methods to triple your fat burning using the new 7x5 protocol.
  • Feeling Intoxicated, Sick or Tired Strengthen Your Body With Alkaline Diet
  • This file can easily help increase the sales and profits from letters in just minutes.
  • Clickbank Ads